Van Insurance FAQs

Van Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Our van insurance specialists speak to thousands of van drivers looking for van insurance every year. Throughout all these conversations, they are consistently asked similar questions. Here we have pieced together some of the most frequently asked questions that they get on a daily basis. You may find some of them a bit silly but some people do ask these questions as they genuinely do not know the answers.

Here at, we do not believe any question is a silly question. We are more than happy to explain anything you need to know about van insurance. So here are the most frequently asked questions that our specialists answer every day.

Van Insurance FAQ's

What are the different types of cover available?

You may choose to buy Comprehensive Cover, Third Party Fire and theft or Third Party Only.

What is the difference between these types of cover?
  • Third Party Only – If you are unfortunate to be involved in an accident. The insurance company will insure you for claims made by third parties against you for personal injuries or property damage.
  • Third Party Fire and Theft – This will cover you for the above but will also insure you in the event your van is stolen or goes on fire.
  • Comprehensive CoverThis will cover you for the above but will also insure you for any damages to your own van.
Does a Van Insurance Policy cover windscreens?

Most of our comprehensive polices will automatically include windscreen cover up to a certain limit. We will notify you prior to cover if this has not been included on your policy. It does not come as standard on third party fire and theft or just third party insurance, but you may request it before you start the policy and we will quote with the windscreen included.

Can I buy my cover online?

Yes once your quotation details have been checked and confirmed by you. We will allow you to process your payment online. When we have received this payment we will confirm cover to you by email.

What documents will I be asked to supply?

In most cases we will ask you to sign and return a proposal and send copies of all drivers licences, proof of no claims bonus. In some cases we may request further documents such as if you have stated you have use of a private car we may ask for a copy of this certificate.

When do I receive my certificate and disc?

Once we have received the proposal from and requested documents, an annual certificate of insurance will be issued to you.

I currently drive a car but would like to change to a van; can I transfer my no claims bonus?

Yes we can arrange to match the no claims bonus you have earned on your private car and transfer this discount to the van.

As you can see all of these questions are very valid questions for a person to ask. These are just a quick sample of the most frequently asked questions we receive. You can find more of them here.

If you have another question that is not answered here or on our FAQ’s page then you can call one of our specialists on 01 660 6900 and they will be more than happy to explain what you need to know. You can also fill out our van insurance quote online form, if you are looking at getting van insurance, and see how much you can save on your van insurance.

As well as providing Van Insurance, we also provide great rates and cover for Fleet InsuranceHaulage Insurance and Public Liability Insurance.