If you’ve seen the figures for new van registrations for January 2018 and how they’re up on last year, then you might have been struck by how one model had a massive jump in popularity. It’s the Renault Kangoo – up from 191 new registrations a year ago, to 353 this year.
That’s a whopping jump of almost 85%. We’ve decided to have a look at some of the features that are making the Renault Kangoo so popular.
Renault Kangoo – Design & Features
First up, there’s the look. As compact vans go, the 2018 Kangoo is as smart and tidy as can be. There’s a new sporty look to the exterior, with a new bumper and headlights. Inside, there’s a new design to the dashboard. There’s a new steering wheel too, with full touch-control functionality.
Features for driver ease and passenger comfort include:
- Trip computer and satellite navigation.
- Rear parking sensor.
- Cruise control/speed limiter.
- Rain & Light sensor.
- Climate control.
- Multimedia entertainment system.
Renault Kangoo – Practicality & Safety
The Kangoo is a versatile workhorse in a compact shell. You can maximise storage space thanks to a swivelling bulkhead. It allows the passenger seat to fold down and delivers an additional 0.5 cubic metres of storage space, while keeping the driver fully protected.
Its roof bars can easily be transformed into a roof rack. A sliding rear roof flap also comes as standard, to allow vertical storage of larger objects.
Safety features include:
- Hill start assist.
- Electronic stability control.
- Two front airbags, two side airbags, and two front/rear curtain airbags.
- Passenger seat airbag deactivation function, to allow you to safely fit a child seat there when necessary.
Renault Kangoo – Choice of Engines
The Kangoo comes with a choice of five engines:
- Petrol: Renault Kangoo TCe 115
- Diesel: Renault Kangoo dCi 75, dCi 90, and dCi 110.
- Electric: Renault Kangoo ZE.
The dCi 100 is the most popular. CO2 emissions of 115 g/km puts it in the €200 motor tax bracket. Renault says fuel consumption can be as good as 4.4 L/100km (64 mpg).
Meanwhile, the ZE electric version accounted for eleven of the Kangoo’s 353 registrations in January. A new battery for 2018 extends its range from 110 miles to 170 miles. More sales are likely in the coming years, thanks in part to the new financial incentives for purchasing electric vans, that came into force on January 1 this year.
Renault Kangoo – Price Guide
Finally, a price guide.
The Renault Kangoo starts at €16,590 for a basic model. Financing in-house with your Renault dealer works out at €215 per month over 60 months, based on a deposit/part exchange of €4,476.
The Kangoo ZE electric eversion starts at €28,190.
If you want to know more, you can use the Renault Dealer Search Tool to find your closest Renault location.
We deal with all the major insurance providers in Ireland to get you the best quote. We regularly deliver savings of 25% or more.
Other benefits of choosing www.insuremyvan.ie for your van insurance include:
- Windscreen cover *
- Breakdown/Roadside assistance *
- Legal expenses cover *
- Cover for driving other commercial vans *
- Mirror No Claims Bonus from your commercial vans or private car, to help save you even more
- Bonus protection available
- Contents cover available
- Open Driving cover available
- Irish-based contact centre to deal with your policy and answer any questions
- Low price and excellent customer service guarantee
Ready to save money? Get your van insurance quote now!
* Selected policies only